• What part of the service line is PUB’s responsibility and what is mine?

    Anything beyond the curb box or meter pit, which is usually located in the right-of-way or at the property line, is the owner’s responsibility. PUB is responsible for the meter itself and the connection.

  • What are my payment options?

    PUB offers a number of options for paying your water bill. You can learn more about these options by visiting the Pay My Bill section on our site.

    • Pay Online with Credit Card:

      Utilizing the link on our website, you can pay online with a valid Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card.
    • Direct Debit Payment:

      You can pay your monthly bill by registering your checking account with our Direct Debit Payment (DDP) service. Our DDP will automatically deduct sufficient funds from your checking account to pay the amount on your current monthly statement.
    • Pay in Person:

      You can pay at the billing office (1919 Garfield Ave., Parkersburg, WV 26101) during our normal business hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
    • Pay by Mail:

      To pay your bill by mail, utilize the stub and envelope provided with the bill send a check or money order to:
      Parkersburg Utility Board
      P.O. Box 1629
      Parkersburg, WV 26101-1629
      Be sure to include your account number on the check. Do not send cash through the mail.
    • Pay at Drop Box:

      At any time during regular business hours, or if you need to drop off your payment after hours or on weekends, you may do so by placing your envelope with payment enclosed in the drop box located at 1919 Garfield Ave and #1 Government Square, Municipal building.
  • How do I discontinue or transfer my water service?

    • To stop your water service, please either use the “End Service” link, or contact a customer service rep at 304.424.8550.
    • If you are moving within our service area and would like to transfer your service, please use the “Transfer Location” link, or contact a customer service rep at 304.424.8550.
  • What is the Direct Debit Payment (DDP)?

    Direct Debit Payment (DDP) is a fast and reliable way to pay your water and/or sewer bill. When you use DDP, you authorize Parkersburg Utility Board to collect payment for your utility fees directly from your checking or savings account. To learn more, visit the Pay My Bill section.

  • What are the benefits of Direct Debit Payment (DDP)?

    You save time because there are no checks to write. You save money by avoiding the cost of mailing. You can be assured your bill will be paid in full and on time even if you are away from home.

  • Can I set up DDP to be deducted from a credit card?

    No, DDP payments can only be deducted from your checking or savings account.

  • How will I know the amount of the payment and when will I be debited?

    When you receive your bill in the mail, you will see a message on your bill stating that you’re on Direct Debit Payment, the dollar amount that will be deducted, and when the payment will be applied. Example: Direct Debit payment of $57.89 will be applied on 10/11/2014. Debiting of your checking or savings will be 10 calendar days from the billing date for the full amount of your water bill.

  • What if I think my bill is incorrect?

    For questions concerning the accuracy of bills, contact a customer service rep at 304.424.8550 as soon as you receive your bill. Every effort will be made to make any necessary corrections before the due date.

  • How do I enroll in DDP?

    To enroll, please complete the Direct Debit Payment Authorization Agreement. This form is available to download and print from the Pay My Bill section on the website. You may also request one from customer service by calling 304.424.8550. Once filled out, attach a voided check or deposit slip, and return it to the address shown on the form.

  • How do I discontinue my DDP service?

    You can discontinue your DDP arrangement by completing the Direct Debit Payment Authorization Discontinuance at least 15 days prior to the date you want it terminated. This form is available to download and print from the Pay My Bill section, or you can request one from a customer service representative at 304.424.8550.

  • What do I do if I have questions about my bill?

    If you have a question concerning your utility bill, contact the Customer Service Department at 304.424.8550.