11/30/2015 :: 04:43 AM

Customer Assistance

For questions concerning accounts or billing contact the Customer Service Department at the location below, for all other inquiries contact the main office.

No. 1 Government Square
Parkersburg, WV 26101

Mailing Address:
PO Box 1629
Parkersburg, WV 26102-1629

To Contact:
Phone: (304) 424-8550
Fax: (304) 424-8555

Business Hours:
8:00 a.m. till 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday

Helpful Information

Customer Help Information
Boil Water Guidlines
General Frequently Asked Questions
Meter Shop Frequently Asked Questions
Cold Weather Tips
Dirty Water
Repair a Leaky Toilet

Paying Your Bill

Water and Sewer bills can be paid in person at the Parkersburg Utility Board Billing and Collections Office on the second floor of the Parkersburg City Building.

Payments may also be left in one of three drop boxes located at the City Building. The main drop box is located at the drive up window located under the walkway to the fountain, a second drop box is located by the front door and the third is located by the back door. Payments are collected from the boxes at 8:00 a.m. each business day.

Payments may also be made by ACH Direct Debit. The Parkersburg Utility Board can automatically deduct your monthly bill from your checking or savings account on the due date. There is no charge for this service. Contact the Billing and Collections Dept. for more information on this service.

Master Card, Visa and Discover are accepted in person. Telephone payment by credit card is not currently accepted.

Water and Sewer bill payments must be received by the Parkersburg Utility Board on or before the due date to avoid a 10% penalty.

Online Bill pay is now available!

Questions about your bill

Call the Billing and Collections Dept. if you have questions about your water and sewer bill or believe your bill is not correct or is too high. We can review your billing history and provide information when requested.

Questions about your account

Contact the Billing and Collections Dept. (304) 424-8550 for answers to questions about your account.

Starting a New Service

Customers must sign up for service in person at the Parkersburg Utility Board, Billing and Collections Office on the second floor of the City Building.

You will need to bring the following with you:
  • Photo I.D. (driver's license or state I.D.)
  • A lease or rental agreement if you are not the owner.
  • Residential accounts: Security deposit of $50.00 for water and/or $50.00 for sewer, total of $100.00 for both
    (customers with good payment history will have deposit refunded after 12 months)
  • Commercial accounts: Security deposit of 2/12 the annual estimated charge for each service (water & sewer)

Requesting a Final Bill

If you are moving, call the Billing and Collections Dept. to final or close your account. Service can be disconnected any regular business day, Monday through Friday. Your meter will be read to determine your final bill. If a new resident has not signed up for service, the water will be turned off.

Applying for a Leak Adjustment

After a water leak has been repaired, you may apply for a leak adjustment to your water and sewer bill. Leak adjustments are not granted for leaks in fixtures, appliances, or hoses. To determine eligibility, the customer should provide the details about the leak and a picture of the repair to the customer service department for consideration for a bill adjustment.

If your leak adjustment request is approved, your bill will be adjusted based on your usage history and the billing rates.
If your leak adjustment request is denied, then the customer will be responsible to pay the full amount of the bill.